Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Moore

Default Homemade Resistance Soldering Unit

A soldering gun make a great degausing device for your TV or monitor with
pink or purple corners. Power on from 5' away, move the gun (sideways) in a
circular motion up to the screen, do several circular sweeps of the screen
and slowly pull back 5' before powering off. At this point, beware of the
TIP. Works well, though.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

My rapidly disappearing short term memory may be causing me repeat this
here, but a soldering gun also makes an ersatz demagnetizer for stuff
small enough to fit inside the loop formed by the tip, like say a
screwdriver. Just remember to move the steel part away before releasing
the trigger.

My rapidly disappearing short term memory may be causing me repeat this
here, but a soldering gun also makes .... Aw, ****e!

Happy New Year!

Jeff
--