Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mj

Default Homemade Resistance Soldering Unit

I remember reading something about using a microwave transformer when I
was earlier researching this on the web. I sort of lost interest when
it got to the part of rewinding the secondary.

But...I have an old microwave in the kitchen that we are going to
replace one of these days. Other than the cost of a new microwave to
replace the old one (which we are going to HAVE to do sooner or later),
the part is practically free and only sitting about 20 feet from me.

I'll probably be back with a zillion dumba** questions on rewinding
this thing. LOL.

Thanks for all the replies on this too!

Mike