Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rick

Default my welding project (update!)

Very cool project!

But, your video sucks!

Did you do the electronics yourself?
I would like to put an automated targeting system on the new paintball
tank
that I'm building, but it's way beyond my capabilities. Basically it would
auto adjust the elevation of my main gun to compensate for range. Any
chance
you'd like to help out with that part?

Thanks!

Yes, I built the electronics myself. My wife did all of the programming and
set the system up with a manual control system application that operates
over 802.11 wireless.

Hmmm, auto targetting paintball..been there, done that :-)

I worked for 5 years at Newton Research Labs where we developed a
"shootback" system for police training which consisted of a machine gun
firing nylon paintball size balls at 10 per second out of a cannon that
could autotrack police officers in a large training room while they were
watching a video. For example, when a bad guy on the video fired a gun at
the police officer in training, the auto cannon would also fire one of these
nylon balls at him. Oy! did they hurt too! Left a nice red whelp. A friend
of mine developed the pan tilt and the rapid fire gun, and I worked on the
electronic servo system. We did an impressive demonstration where we shot
holes in a large piece of cardboard 20 feet or so away spelling out Newton
in about 20 seconds :-)

Ah, fond memories...

Certainly I can offer you tips/suggestions.

Rick