Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default OT Another way to express a political opinion.

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:44:05 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "J.
Clarke" quickly quoth:

Usual Suspect wrote:

http://www.physorg.com/news9161.html

The guardians of animal nomenclature had mixed feelings over a
proposal to name three newly-discovered species of slime-mould beetle

What pray tell is a "slime-mould beetle"?

What, you don't spend long days in the muck looking for new lifeforms?

I did not realize that slime moulds were so prevalent that there would
be multiple species of beetle adapted to interact with them in some way.

Of course you didn't. You (like most of us) are probably unaware of
the names of 99.999% of insect life on the planet. There are tens of
millions of them, most under-studied and many unidentified.

I feel that it's offensive to slime mold (and beetles in general) to
name them after this rotten lot, and I used to be a Republican.

-
The only reason I would take up exercising is || http://diversify.com
so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites