Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Cori

Default Help: How thread box-sealing tape in handheld dispenser? [OT]

This may sound odd and is slightly off-topic.

I got a bargain on a handheld box tape dispenser which is
similar to this http://snipurl.com/l6my. It takes 50mm (2 inch)
adhesive tape and is used for sealing boxes.

I'm not at all sure I have threaded the tape correctly because
the loose end seems to flap about for a inch or two and is never
in the right place to be used a second time.

Maybe my bagain dispenser is badly designed or maybe I have
threaded it wrongly.

Can someone here, who I figure might use these things, tell me
how to load this sort of dispenser correctly.

On Sat 31 Dec 2005 16:38:01, sponix wrote:

Load it as shown in the picture, with sticky side facing away
from the roller.

After use you should end up with a "flappy" bit about an inch
long; this usually stays stuck to the zig-zag type cutter
blade..sometimes not.

If you are ending up with more the tension may be wrong. Try
tightening the knurled nut in the centre of the reel.

Thanks for the information Sponix.

I was flummoxed by the spring clip holding the tape to the roller.
From what you say it is correct for it to press down on the side of
the tape with adhesive.

But wouldn't this lead to the adhesive sometimes tearing from its
backing if a tape is used whose adhesive doesn't "hold together" very
well? (Low cohesion.) In this case the adhesion to the spring plate
would be too great?