Posted to alt.home.repair
Beebo

Default Deck......How Level is Level?

but like someone else said, a contractor is allowed to correct his
mistakes in the eyes of the law, not to mention, if you had to put a
level on it to determine this mistake...then just enjoy the deck...

Oh no... I DID notice that the deck looked crooked while he was still
framing! The contractor took out his level, placed it exactly where I
pointed, looked me right in the eye and said it was perfectly level.

A few days later, I said it again, and he said it was an 'optical
illusion', because it is perfectly level

Finally, On Saturday, my curiousity got the better of me and I checked for
myself.... and it is out 1/2 over four feet.

This is why I'm so ****ed off... he looked me right in the eye and lied
about it.

I really don't think that it's practical to correct the problem now, as he
would have to dismantle the deck to do so. But I do think he should adjust
the price somewhat.

By the way, the deck cost $9,900. When you're paying that kind of money,
the deck should be near perfect.