Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT

Default Stereo indicator lamp, vintage receiver

Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock. wrote:

mc wrote:

Stereo receiver, vintage 1973, with uPC554C (ECG1142) FM demodulator chip.
Sounds fine, but the stereo indicator lamp (newly replaced) is on nearly all
the time, when any FM signal is tuned in (even a very weak one), but never
at full brightness. That is not how I remember it behaving, years and years
ago.

Specified bulb is 8 V 40 mA; actual bulb is 8 V 35 mA.

There is no potentiometer to adjust anything to do with the stereo indicator
lamp.

Any thoughts? I plan to replace all the electrolytic capacitors in the
system, a few of which are around the uPC554C. Perhaps one of them is
leaky.

I have a thought. Who needs FM anymore? I takes it it has RCA inputs,
so if I were you, I would get a Sirius Satellite Receiver listen to
that.

Why would he want to pay for something he can get for free?