Carl Byrns

Default so he has a point

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:36:25 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:37:38 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

Now....how much fun would this have been if it happened during a
blizzard in Febuary?
How many millions of people would be popsicles until spring thawed out
their corpses?

A five hour power outage? No big deal- we would do what we always do-
fire up the generator and invite our elderly nieghbors over.
Anyone living in Central New York stocks up enough groceries for three
days (after that the stores are back in action) and those Evil Utility
Companies distribute dry ice for food storage. Some trucking companies
move reefer trailers to shopping mall parking lots so folks can store
their frozen foods. No charge.

Not a 5 hour power outage..lets try a two Day power outage or longer.
Not all power was restored in the East for at least 2 days in some
places, correct?

Beats me. My power was on in 5 hours- no big deal.
We did have an ice storm a few years ago that left some populated
areas without power for a month. In the winter, which can be severe.
No one died from it.

You can't understand winter around here until you've lived through it-
the day can start in the 40's and sunny and be sub-zero with four FEET
of snow by nightfall. This is perfectly normal- we take the Boy Scouts
camping in such weather.

-Carl