Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Bugger, pilot light wont start on boiler - ahhh

In message , John
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Scott
writes
Well, if I knew how I would. I have a volt metre, the solenoid has a 4
wire imput and its also heavily sealed.

http://www.potterton.co.uk/products/...ingfisher_MF_I
nstall.pdf

Any ideas?

Measure it at the control module - it has a schematic on top and you can
also gain access to the pins of the connectors

IIRC the coil has four pins to a split winding a-b and c-d but I can't
recall the resistances therein.

Realistically, we're only looking to see if there's a finite resistance
or an open circuit at the end of the day

An el (very) cheapo multimeter will only
cost around a tenner or less so bite the bullet

--
geoff