Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spudnuty

Default Has anyone found a high def TV by the curb yet?

James Sweet wrote:
Also gotten a load of power tools in the past month. A nice Ryobi 14.4
drill kit as well as two Ryobi 12v drill sets.( All they needed was a
recoring of the battery packs, I get the sub-c's for around 60 cent a
battery, so it runs less than 10 bucks to rebuild each pack.)
Folks around these parts are cleaning out their houses and tossing
anything they can't take with them. I spend most days picking up
perfectly good appliances off the curb and giving them a second life
at my place.

Where do you get the sub-Cs? I've got several cordless tools that could
use them, everywhere I've found is considerably more expensive though.

I took some "C"s from Makita NiCads to Home Depot to recycle them. I
had renovated a few packs and had some dead ones to recycle. I tossed
them in the recycling bin and went to leave when I noticed that there
were many Makita packs like the ones I had in there. On following trips
I found 2 complete Bosch packs that looked brand new except that they'd
been run over, many other new packs from various manufacturers that had
broken connectors and the like. Long story short, I found enough
batterys and parts to make up 11 packs for my Makitas. I also have
enough parts to make up 11 more. Unfortunately HD has stopped recycling
and I'm eyeing the municipal recycling depot but with the spares on
hand this will be years away.
Richard