Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John P.

Default HF portable bandsaw.

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 19:00:16 GMT, Alex wrote:

I just got a portable band saw for $59 from HF. I really like it even with the blade it
came with(which suppose to suck) it beats my hacksaw!
There is only one problem with it - it is very LOUD. Much louder than when using angle
grinder with cutoff wheel. Is it suppose to be like that?

Alex,

Mine is not nearly as loud as you describe yours being. Just to be on
the safe side you might want to take that one back and exchange it for
another. If you got one with a faulty motor the noise could be the
first warning sign before failure.

John P.