Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John

Default what the heck collets does this holder take??

"William B Noble (don't reply to this address)" wrote:

I have a new toy, an Abene mill, and it came with a collet holder
attached, but no collets. The holder is an INT 40 (or CAT 40) taper,
but I can't figure out what collets it will hold - here are some
measurements and data in case anyone can provide some guidance:

Markings: LOFAB 3035

diameter of hole in screw on cover 1.511 inches
diameter at front of taper 1.60 inches
taper depth 2.90 inches
whatever collet it uses will snap into the screw on cover, but there
is no eccentric like one sees on some Erickson type holders

any suggestions as to what else to measure to provide some idea?? It's
not erickson, at least not any of the sizes I could find to try out

thanks for any help
bill
Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com

Bill

Universal engineering made an accupro collet that looks like a tg series
collet. It could be that series.

John