Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default what the heck collets does this holder take??

According to William B Noble (don't reply to this address) :

On 1 Jan 2006 07:44:18 -0800, "Bugs" wrote:

Sounds like it might be a C5 collet. Don't have my drawing handy, but
if it is, the taper is a Jarno taper. I am in the process of making an
adaptor for my old Atlas, since someone gave me a full set of the
collets.

[ ... ]

Thanks, but --- it;s most assuredly not a C5 - thie C5 is pulled by a
drawbar, wheras this collet holder has no threads at the base of the
bore, and anyway, just for grins I tired a C5 collet and it's very
much wrong - this is a single long taper, not a short taper like the
C5.

I think that you are thinking of the 5C collets, commonly used
in lathe spindles and in spin indexers. I suspect that the C5 is quite
different, and may be what I have a few of in a 40 NTMB adaptor. I got
mine at Cabin Fever a few years ago -- and the collets which I have are
mostly uncomfortable sizes. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564