Eastburn

Default so he has a point

Now Now Carl -

I've been out for 11 days. I luckily had propane to cook and heat
water.
What water we could get with the power out. As luck has it, it runs
downhill.

We loose power on a monthly basis for several hours at a time.

Not all of us out here on the LEFT coast are from Kalifornians.

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer

Carl Byrns wrote:

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:27:45 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Ill refrain from the Neener Neener Neener! G

Btw..the usual crop of regulars are still posting on misc.survivalism,
even though the neighborhoods are black as the bottom of a coal mine.
Perhaps proper preperation prevented **** poor performance?
We are survivalists, not be cause its a neat club to join..G but
because Bad **** does happen.

What you creampuff Kalifornians call Bad ****, us Upstate New Yorkers
call A Normal Day g.The weather around here can be severe and losing
power is just A Fact Of Life.

Example: In May, my niece got married despite a three-day power outage
(thanks to an ice storm). The reception hall had a generator for the
kitchen, and the banquet room was lit by about 500 candles. Very
romantic.

Now....how much fun would this have been if it happened during a
blizzard in Febuary?
How many millions of people would be popsicles until spring thawed out
their corpses?

A five hour power outage? No big deal- we would do what we always do-
fire up the generator and invite our elderly nieghbors over.
Anyone living in Central New York stocks up enough groceries for three
days (after that the stores are back in action) and those Evil Utility
Companies distribute dry ice for food storage. Some trucking companies
move reefer trailers to shopping mall parking lots so folks can store
their frozen foods. No charge.

In short, we all pull together and we just work around it.

If the power went out in, say, Los Angles on a hot summer evening, how
long before the rioting and looting started?

-Carl