Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Annetts

Default How to get dirt and broken-up cement OUT of a basement

Anybody use an auger of some sort. another idea I was wondering about is to
make a ramp out the window with a rolling box on it pulled up by an electric
winch I have. I am kind of on a time limit on this one and I have a bad
back so I don't really want to try the bucket thing if possible. I had also
thought of a bunch of teenagers forming a "sandbag" line getting it out.
believe it or not it is hard to get them to work. ( I am a shop teacher in
the local school)

thanks
Mike
wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:42:47 -0600, "Mike Annetts"
wrote:

Hello
any ideas on how to get some dirt and broken cement out of a basement. we
had to install some interior weeping tile inside our basement and now I am
trying to figure out an easy way to get the cement and dirt out. I have
access to one window about 2 feet by 3 feet. any ideas would be
appreciated
Mike

You should be able to find some "labor" that would do this for you.
Around here that would be "Mexicans", actually refering to latino
gentlemen from Mexico, Guatemala or Honduras. You will be amazed how
much work will get done for $100 and you can't even get a machine
delivered for that.