Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deck......How Level is Level?

Beebo wrote:
I just had a new deck built, only to discover that one section of it isn't
level. It's out by 1/2 inch over a four foot run.

Is this acceptable and within reasonable tolerances? Or should I withold
some of the payment to the builder? If the latter, how much should I
penalize him (as a percentage of the total)?

TIA

The deck should slope away from the house wall.

If one area is out of line with the rest of the deck then point it out
to the builder and see if he will rectify it.

If it is on an outside corner you need to be sure that the support post
is not subject to heaving/settling when wet.