Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob S

Default Annual Reminder

Fresh batteries in the smoke/fire detectors too.....

Bob S.

"DJ Delorie" wrote in message

With the turning of the calendar, I remind myself that once a year I
should clean and tune my tools (table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw).
I usually turn my TS over and partially disassemble it to get out all
the accumulated grime and dirty grease on the worm gears, then re-lube
it, reassemble it, and take the time to get it tuned as well as I can.
Same for jointer/planer knives. All the enclosed cabinet bases get
opened and vacuumed.

In other words, it's time for all those "once in a while" tasks.