Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default HF portable bandsaw.

Alex wrote:
I just got a portable band saw for $59 from HF. I really like it even
with the blade it came with(which suppose to suck) it beats my hacksaw!
There is only one problem with it - it is very LOUD. Much louder than
when using angle grinder with cutoff wheel. Is it suppose to be like that?

Thanks,
Alex

I just used my HF portable band saw about two hours ago to cut off a two
inch length of 1-1/4" chromed brass sink drain pipe and I don't recall
being bothered by the noise at all.

Unless you're planning on using it for breaking and entering, the noise
shouldn't be a big deal. G

Why was I cutting drain pipe on new year's day you ask?

Well, we got a few inches of snow here in Red Sox Nation last night and
teen aged son didn't slip away fast enough, so I nailed him into
shoveling off the front path and steps before he left.

When I next saw the snow shovel he'd used the plastic hand grip was
lying next to it, with the part which slips over the top of the wooden
handle split down both sides. The OD of that part was a light drive fit
into the inside of the drain pipe and the rest is left as a not very
difficult excercise for the reader.

Happy New Year,

Jeff

--