Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default measureing for a new storm door

"Boothbay" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to replace the old one and don't know where I should measure. Do
I measure the door that is there now, or the concrete walls that it is
embedded in or ? Could someone also recommend a good web page to view
some inexpensive doors..I'm on a budget. i heard that the labor would
cost more than the door?

You measure the opening of the frame that the door is mounted to. You will
remove the hinges to take down the old one and put the new on in its place.
Doors are made to be adjustable within an inch or so.

Are you handy with tools? Most can be installed in a couple of hours with
screwdriver, hacksaw, tape measure, drill and a couple of bits. I used to
charge $20 to install doors, but that was 35 years ago.