Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default ok to move refrigerator in workshop ?

geicko wrote:
Happy new year everyone !

I'm planning to buy a new refrigerator and would like to move the old
one into the workshop. The workshop is somehow insulated but it can get
quite hot in there in the summer (probably around 77), and pretty cold
in the winter (around 5 I'd say) since we only heat with a wood stove
when we plan to spend a few hours in there.

Will I end up waisting this still good refrigerator placing it in the
workshop ?

Thanks for you thoughts

Sure its ok. Are you planning on running it? If
so you might want to stop running it when the
temperatures climb and definitely stop when the
temperatures drop below 40. Do you really need
another refrigerator? Check the cost for running
that refrigerator for a year and see how much
extra food you could buy? Running an appliance
just because it will run doesn't make much sense.
I've seen people do this when with just a bit of
reorganization they could get all the stuff in the
unit in the kitchen which would also reduce the
cost of running the one kitchen. Donate the thing
to a charity, or just move it to the workshop and
store stuff in it (not running).