Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

Default Deck......How Level is Level?

I can't figure out what would create a circumstance with a small
section of a deck being out of level. Perhaps you should/could
tell us a bit more. Is this one large rectangle? What part of
the deck is out of level? Is this deliberate pitch to shed rain?

Normal fall on exterior concrete, wood porches, and other things
prone to rain is 1/4" per foot. 4 feet should fall 1".

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Beebo" wrote in message
. 86...
I just had a new deck built, only to discover that one section of
it isn't
level. It's out by 1/2 inch over a four foot run.

Is this acceptable and within reasonable tolerances? Or should I
withold
some of the payment to the builder? If the latter, how much
should I
penalize him (as a percentage of the total)?

TIA