Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim and Steph

Default Removing hutch from computer desk

Hey, thanks for the reply. I do remember those cams. But I don't see any
exposed "heads" for those type of fasteners though. I've looked at it from
every side. And the only screws visible from underneath the desktop I
already removed. Those were plain phillips screws, BTW. I also removed
four Torx screws (two from each end of the desk); they seem to go right
into the edges of the privacy panel, yet removing them didn't release the
panel. And the hutch still doesn't budge. Any other ideas for where those
cam-fasteners might be hidden?

If yours is anything like the cheap particle board thing we've got, the
fasteners are cunningly hidden all over the place. Sometimes on the inside
of drawers, sometime on the edges of various panels, sometimes under trim
pieces. A stud finder will tell you where the metal bits are, and from
there it's just a matter of figuring out where the end is.