Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Glenn

Default Cheap stereo electronics, What do you think failed on these models?

Becaus the original post asks

There are several of these models on Ebay.
What do you think the chances are that the power supply failed or the
audio power amp shorted? What would be the chances of finding the
power out amp chip?
These can be bought anywhere between US. $15,00 to $25.00 shipped.

This question does not gets transfered with the RE post.
I would not call this an in-depth answere!
Why do people do cross word puzzles? When the answeres are on the
If I can get a $200.00 stereo and have only $20.00 in it, that leaves
$180.00 for other toys.
My last project was a 60" bigscreen with $65.00 in it.
It's all in the math! I have more time than money.

Are you a Doctor of electronics?

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 09:28:06 -0800, Dr. Anton T. Squeegee
wrote:

In article ,
says...

DAMAGED KLH R3100 AM/FM Stereo Audio/Video Receiver
NOTE: POWERS UP THEN SHUTS OF

snippety

Why are you asking the same question when your original post has
already been answered? In-depth, I would add.

Unless you've already got a lab's worth of test gear,
desolder/solder equipment, and the experience to use it all, my advice
would be to simply save your pennies and go get a decent new receiver.