Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols

Default What is it? XCV

According to CW :

[ ... ]

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
rvers.com...
549) Hmm ... not sure why the end is so sharp. It is obviously
designed for a wrench to grip the square at the top to tighten
it.

It's a carver's screw. Check the Rockler catalog.

I don't know Rockler. May I guess that you are posting from
rec.woodworking? I'm posting from rec.crafts.metalworking instead, and
we tend to use a different set of catalogs. :-)

I might have come up with a better guess if it had been clear
that the sharp end was threaded.

I just went and re-downloaded it, and I see that even when I
zoom into the image, the jpeg compression loses too much detail for me
to see the threads. The photos in one of the sites pointed to by others
did show the threads, which changed my perception of it.

It really needed a closeup of the sharp end, as well as the end
with the square.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564