Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Tried running some 6011 electrodes

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
"RWL" GeoLane_NOSPAM_ @evenlink.com wrote in message

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 03:18:13 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy

I might try some 7014 if I can persuade the welding store to order it!

It seems odd that you're having to special order rods that to us seem
very common. You might ask the shop what they sell a lot of and then
post that information to the group to see if any of them are good
choices for you rather than having to special order rods. It may be
that most welders in your area are using 70xx rods rather than the
lower tensile 60xx rods.

RWL

I can't help but wonder if the difference is more how rod in the UK is
marked and known. Could be that what we call 6011 is something else to
them, but the same rod?

How about it, Christopher? Is that the case?

I don't think so. The AWS numbers are very widely used here.

Chris

Thanks!

Harold