Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Chilcoat

Default Solid-State Relay instead of a contactor?

Thanks for the offer. I've put a bid in for a contactor, which I might get,
but I'm still interested in trying some SS relays. OTOH, as someone said, I
probably should go with something in the 40-50 amp range. My motor is a
20-amp 230 V motor and, assuming that a 2425 is a 240 V 25 amp relay, it
might be marginal in this application.

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Richard J Kinch wrote:
Ignoramus24987 writes:

I do not think that you can get solid state relays much cheaper than
contactors.

They are available cheap on eBay, but mostly these are used units swapped
out from planned maintenance.

I have a small supply of new in the box Crydom 2425s. $10 each, that
includes shipping in the continental US. They were for a project that
never happened.