Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco

Default 200 watt fan enough for 9.6 kW duct heater?

My 35,000 btu gas furnace has a "0.64 amps @ 115 volts ac" (about 75
watts) fan and that has worked fine for 14 years. Seems to me that's
about the same size as your heating element. If you had a lot of duct
work, it might be a different situation, but IIRC you said this thing
will sit on the floor and warm the shop while you are in it.

Pete Stanaitis

Ignoramus32654 wrote:
I have a 2x2 feet 200 watt square box fan. I measured its power
consumption with a Kill-a-watt watt meter, and it measured at about
205 watts on the highest setting. It perceptibly blows a lot of air
and creates quite a wind.

Keeping in mind that I have not yet even received the heater... Would
a 200 watt fan move enough air to cool down a 9.6 kW coil?

thanks