Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Caustic Soda Vs One Shot Sulphuric Acid

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Acid is actually more dangerous.,especially in eyes.

I havent experienced either, but everything I've read seems to indicate
alkalis are much worse for eyes. Acid results in instant action and
surface damage. Alkali in the eye can be so innocuous at first that no
action gets taken, but it will eat right into the eyeball gradually,
and do major damage.

Caustic should be taken seriously re eye damage imho.

ALL DIY is potentially dangerous and also lethal. Falling off ladders,
electric shock, severe trauma from power tools - ask your A & E..hernias
from lifting sacks, back pain...tetanus and other raging infections from
scratches splinters and cuts in the garden...

yeah. The continuing popularity of diy is one of the things that
reminds me that all the nanny state's attempts to turn our world into a
safe powerles victim zone is just not the way a whole lot of people
want to go in life, and will not go.

NT