Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fan blade breakage

My ceiling fan has 4-blades and appears to be in good shape, but 2 of
the blades (on opposite sides) just broke off while the fan was
running. They just flew off...fortunately nobody was hurt.
Oddly, the breaking point was near the middle of the bracket that
connects the blade to the rotating part. (The part where the bracket is
screwed to the blade is still intact, and the part where the bracket is
screwed to the rotating part is still intact.)

Questions: If I find replacement blades, is it worth replacing them?
What could have caused the breakage? Are the remaining 2 blades likely
to break soon?

Thank you.