Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS

Default What to do with old but working A/C Window units and Deer Boen Heaters

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 08:24:18 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:49:40 -0500, "Frank K."
wrote:

Is there any place nearby that will take the stuff and
either sell or auction it. We have such a place in central
Delaware. They call it a bazaar. It consists of a flea
market, produce sales and auction.

I'm not sure if you mean this, but when I can't find a charitable
organization to take something, I'll give it to a profit-making place.

It's better than having it destroyed. Not only because the earth is
only on loan to us from God, and his things are not for us to waste.

But also because it lowers prices for everyone when things are reused
and raises them when they aren't.

Philosophy aside (and I do agree with it), you can try joining your
local Freecycle group and see if someone on the list wants those old
items. www.freecycle.org I just joined my local group and am amazed
at the activity and the variety of items there; it's a really great
way to relocate trash and treasures and keep them out of landfills.