Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default What to do with old but working A/C Window units and Deer Boen Heaters

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:49:40 -0500, "Frank K."
wrote:

Is there any place nearby that will take the stuff and
either sell or auction it. We have such a place in central
Delaware. They call it a bazaar. It consists of a flea
market, produce sales and auction.

I'm not sure if you mean this, but when I can't find a charitable
organization to take something, I'll give it to a profit-making place.

It's better than having it destroyed. Not only because the earth is
only on loan to us from God, and his things are not for us to waste.

But also because it lowers prices for everyone when things are reused
and raises them when they aren't.

Something wortth 50$ isn't going to lower prices for 300,000,000
Americans much, not even a measurable amount, but it will some.

So if a Hamfest of a ham radio club has a table where it sells things,
I'll give something to that table. If not, if it is small, I may give
it to a vendor of used stuff and tell him he can keep the money when
he sells it. Or, if it is big enough to be noticed, I leave it by the
entrrance with a post-it that says FREE on it, or by the oil-drum
garbage cans.

"Aaron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just had central heat and air installed in my house.
Love it, but
now I have window units and deerborn heaters taking up
room in my
garage. What should I do with them? I am thinking about
giving the to
the Salvation Army and get a tax deduction for them. Any
other ideas?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.