Posted to alt.home.repair
spudnuty

Default How to get dirt and broken-up cement OUT of a basement

Dan Espen wrote:
"Mike Annetts" writes:

Hello
any ideas on how to get some dirt and broken cement out of a basement. we
had to install some interior weeping tile inside our basement and now I am
trying to figure out an easy way to get the cement and dirt out. I have
access to one window about 2 feet by 3 feet. any ideas would be appreciated

(Oops, sorry for the email.)

When I had my french drain installed, I watched what the pros did.
There was a lot of broken cement, rocks, dirt.

They carried it out in buckets.

My Dad did this on the farm. At first it was a crawl space and they
threw it out the window using shovels that they had cut in half. When
they got deeper they were able to use a rubber belted elevator to run
the stuff out the window. I think the guy they borrowed it from used it
for silage.
You could rent on from a construction supply place, maybe.
Richard