Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Default What I Got For Christmas Thread

J T wrote:
Fri, Dec 30, 2005, 5:53pm (EST-3) (DonkeyHody)
mistakenly states:
Now I know a chainsaw ain't a proper woodworking tool, Snip

On the contrary, a chainsaw is a precision carving tool. You just
need to practice for a few minutes. No prob.

I was trying to be consistent with the rant I made a few years ago.
Repeated below.

Did you say CHAIN SAW? Why no self-respecting woodworker would own
one! Their accuracy is the pits. You'd be lucky to get within 0.100
inch. And they vibrate a lot too. And spew sawdust everywhere.
Can't hook up a dust collector - No way. Not to mention the DANGER.
I've never seen one with a blade guard. I guarantee that more people
were killed and maimed by chainsaws in the last decade than all the
exploding PVC air lines in the history of the world. It's downright
irresponsible to even consider buying one.

Sorry to go off on you like that, but I'm jumpy lately. I just haven't
been able to
sleep at night since they told me about the PVC pipe bomb in my shop.

DonkeyHody
"Give a hungry man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish
.. . . and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."