Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Grey

Default 110, 220 , or 220 3 phase?

"Don Foreman" wrote in message

Choices a

1: find a suitable 1140 RPM motor or rebuild the one you have
2: modify the space available
3: use a threephase motor and a VFD -- rotsa ruck with that if you're
not comfy wiht electrics

There seem to be bunch of 3-phase 1140 RPM motors on e-bay. Without the
VFD, do they offer any advantage over the 110 1140 motor?

The problem with the space is such that I can not run the pulleys required
to use a 1750 RPM motor. The motor itself could be quite a bit bigger than
what I have. Of course, a 1750 RPM motor with a VFD woud get me where I
want to go, and allow a higher spindle RPM which I've been longing for. I
can always get a electrcian to help me with the wiring...

Peter