Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt Helliwell

Default Expensive Electricity Bill

wrote:
My wife thinks that "someone" else may be wired up to our place (theres
one cable running underground to the garage). There is another 6
houses behind our house, we're totally detatched from them, and are
shielded from each other by conifers (hence they cant see our
lighting). All the properties are owned by the same landlord, and i do
know that these 6 houses do NOT have electricity meters, apparently the
landlords own property is metered for them (or one house has a meter
for all six). I suppose it is possible that one or more is actually
wired into our meter, i asked the engineer when he visited if this was
a possibility, he said it wasn't, so i discounted the idea. Can anyone
tell me any different ?.

The easiest way to tell may be just to turn everything off and see if
the meter still goes around.

--
Matt Helliwell
matt at helliwell dot me dot uk