Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM

Default Weather station wireless sensor

wrote in message
oups.com...
Fair comment I supose.
I did think these units were pretty much generic but maybe not, anyway
here goes.
The Weather station is made by RF Tech model 65R05 and the sensor just
reports the temperature.
Circuit it's connected into? Not sure what you mean but the receiver
unit displays inside/outside temp, humidity and pressure.
All I can tell you about the TX & Rx is they work on 433.92MHz
according to the docs.
The registering process is done by pressing reset buttons on both
devices. When it works you see a symbol flash on the Rx LCD screen and
it bleeps, then the outside temp is displayed.
What happens is once the temp of the Tx unit drops below about 7C the
RX unit doesn't receive the signal.
I've tried monitoring the frequency on a Yaesu FT50R at 433.92 and
there's nothing there even when it's working??
I do however manage to pick up some cross mod on a nearby carrier and
can hear the data stream when it transmits. This happens even when the
RX unit has lost the signal?

Happy New Year
Bob

Your transmitter is probably drifting off frequency as the temperature goes
lower. Probably not much you can do about it other than contact the vendor
that sold the unit to you and ask for a replacement or refund.
Alternatively, contact the manufacturer, if you can find them, and ask for
assistance, whether it be repair, replacement or refund.
My guess on the whole affair is that you will probably get no satisfaction
from anybody.
I googled for RF Tech weather station and hit on this link to
http://www.rftech.co.kr/eng/cs/cs_qna.php, which contains a significant
number of complaints similar to yours, but no evidence that the company is
responding to any of them.
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in