Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default Shop Lighting Recommendations

"Monroe" wrote in message

Are these cold-start fixtures the best solution for very cold
conditions? Or would incandescents be the only practical solution?

I'm in Syracuse, NY Monroe, and it gets really cold here. I have a furnace
in my garage that I don't turn on unless I'm out there working. It will
kick in and keep the garage just under 50 when it cranked back. My lights
are 0 degree start, not the -20 ones. I couldn't see the increased price
for the the -20's when my garage seldom gets that cold. They're quite, they
come on fast and I like the light. I have had the garage colder than 50
when the furnace has been shut right off and the lights fired right up with
temps in the high teens, with no hesitation.

--

-Mike-