Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

Default The Sweet Smell of Melting Plastic (Metal Content, a Screw.)

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 16:03:45 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

I had an extremely rare experience today; I thought of an easier way to
do something *before* I did it the hard way, rather than after.

I just raised the sagged shelf up a bit on some stacked cans, held the
screw in the pliers, heated the tip red hot with the torch and melted it
into that busted off plastic peg. I waited a couple of minutes, grabbed
the screw with the pliers and pulled the peg out quicker than you can
say Jill Robinson. Oh yeah, I'd borrowed a mirror out of wifey's purse
to let me see where to stick that hot screw in.

File the idea away, it could make you look like a genius in front of
SWMBO some day. G

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

Congratulations on having retained the capability to think.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada