Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Insulation Question

wrote:
No. I plan on installing bead board or paneling over it. From what I
read, most insulation made of foam requires fire barrier such as 1/2
sheetrock. Because of some heating pipes, I don['t have the 1/2 room
needed to add the Sheetrock.

I'm not clear on what you're trying to do. Are you planning on
removing the paneling and insulating between the furring strips? Or
are you going to put the insulation on top of the existing paneling? I
believe it's the first option, which makes me wonder why the space is
so tight that you can't give up 3/8" to cover the foam with drywall.
What gives?