Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default What to do with old but working A/C Window units and Deer Boen Heaters

I doubt if the Salvation Army will take them. I know that Goodwill won't.
Timing is everything. Try to get rid of the heaters now, and the air
conditioners next spring. You can try the Freecycle organization to see if
they have a local chapter in your area. http://www.freecycle.org/
If they don't, put an ad in the paper now for the space heaters at $15 each,
and hope that some sucker (er person) buys them. Then next spring, do the
same thing for the air conditioners. Ask for a small amount of money,
otherwise people will think they are broken. If you get even one call on the
a/c units, tell them you just want to see them go to a good home, and if
they come to get them, they can have them. It will cost you more to have a
certified technician remove the Freon than they are worth.

"Aaron" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just had central heat and air installed in my house. Love it, but
now I have window units and deerborn heaters taking up room in my
garage. What should I do with them? I am thinking about giving the to
the Salvation Army and get a tax deduction for them. Any other ideas?