Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco

Default Harbor Freight does it again Press Pix...

I just put up a simple page with 3 pix on it. www.spaco.org/Press.htm

Pete Stanaitis
---------------

John P. wrote:
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:24:48 -0600, spaco
wrote:

I think these are just great, too.

We just saw that $69.95 sale price yesterday, too. A real bargain!

Instead of having to put the jack handle up to the release valve, I made
up a knob to go onto the valve stub. It is 1 1/2" in diameter and
knurled.
Then I added a 1" diameter air cylinder to that knob, moved the
jack's air valve to the floor along with another air valve for the
release knob. Works like a champ. Even works well as a hydraulic
forging press to weld damascus billets.

Next thing is to add a pressure gage.

Pete Stanaitis

Pete,

Would you mind sharing some photos of your machine? I am very
interested in building / acquiring a forging press to make Damascus,
and seeing how you did it would be a big help.

Thanks,

John P.