Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gus

Default OT - New Conservative Science Theme Park

John R. Carroll wrote:
Gus wrote:
jim rozen wrote:
In article .com,
Gus says...

I don't believe that these ID boogymen want to totally replace
Darwinism in the class. From what I can see, all they are doing is
trying to mention an alternative. Why all the fear?
I believe that the ID folks believe that evolution works up to a point
but doesn't answer all the questions. I don't see any evidence that
they want to throw it all out.

Gus, I have first hand experience with this and I can tell you that you are
just plain wrong.
Perhaps you don't see any evidence because you aren't in a loop that would
expose you but the plain fact is that those who interpret the Bible
literally do exactly that.
Given half a chance they'd eliminate evolution from schools except to point
out the folly of man questioning the acts of God.
They really believe our world began 6,000 years ago and that is that.
Discussions and teachings to the contrary are blasphemy.
You wouldn't have a free exchange of ideas and viewpoints in the end.
This is one camel whos nose should never be allowed under the tent flap even
an inch.

I think that the numbers of people who believe what you said are small
and the numbers of people who want to eliminate evolution from the
schools are extremely small. There is no worry of that as long as we
still operate on majority rules. If, however, judges rule and we get
some extremist making new laws, then we're in trouble.

I think that the bible means what it says. Nowhere does it say the
world began 6000 years ago. There are various views of what the 6
"days" of creation mean. Some people take it to mean 24 hour days a
long, long time ago and many others take it to mean 6 long periods of
time. It's an in-house debate. Who cares?

Evolution is a process that works but it has a hard time explaining
everything. If Darwinism is true then it should have no problem
standing up to a little debate. Isn't that open-mindedness?