Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

Default Hotpoint washing machine noisy

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:10:45 UTC, "hector"
wrote:

My Hotpoint washing machine (A First Edition 1000) recently began
making a horrendous amount of noise during the spin cycle. Whilst I've
been looking into changing the bearings etc. It has also started
blowing the main circuit breaker to the house (only the main one not
the smaller circuit breaker supplying the ring that the WM is connected
to). Could these two faults be related which may help me to pinpoint
the actual problem?

Has anyone any suggestions as to what this may be?

The noise is almost certainly the bearings. Open the door and try to
rock the drum. Any perceptible movement, and the bearings are shot.

The drum rotates inside the water 'tub'. The heater is at the bottom of
the tub. Any movement of the drum and it may scrape the heater, and
there'll be an earth leakage fault.

New bearings and new heater....!