Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
Graham W

Default Best Matt emulsion that needs one coat + Roller

wrote:
Thanks for all your useful replies. Sorry about the cross posting. I
think I will be doing some painting so will be buying some of the
products you mentioned but I am intregued about the washing would you
use warm water with a little washing up liquid and a sponge or just
warm water on the sponge?

What you need is 'Sugar Soap' by Mangers. It is a can of suger like
crystals which you dissolve as directed. It is very effective at quickly
getting the grime off the old surface. Avoid products that can (and will)
foam up as you work on the suface as indeed washing up liquid does.

The can boasts that it is the "professional decorator's secret".

HTH
--
Graham W
http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial