Posted to alt.home.repair
ccs>ikyr

Default glider/slider windows: try before you buy

m R,

If you have any data on that left over from your research, I think it
would benefit a lot of window shoppers to post it. In my experience,
it's hard to find data on air leakage. The NFRC has a standardized
rating, but I believe it's optional to report it.

I think there's some merit, qualitatively, to the argument you're
making. But ultimately, people put different weights on different
factors, so the magnitude of the difference is key here. As I noted,
the R-factor data from Marvin is *suggestive* on this point, but not a
pure measure of leakage.

Cheers