Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Sealing Cracks in Old Railroad Ties ?

If the cracks are large, clean them out and fill them with concrete and then
coat it with tar. Chances are, if they are 25 years old, they are starting
to rot on the bottom.

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Have a bunch of railroad ties that are used for defining the boundary of
some garden
plots. They are black, which I assume is due to Creosole. About 25 yrs

of
age.

They are cracking and de-laminating pretty badly, and would be a real pain
to replace them all.

Is there anything I can pour into the cracks to seal them up ?

I realize epoxy would probably work, but it would take an awful lot of
mixing, and a lot of epoxy, to do it.

Anything simpler available with a chance of doing the job ?

Thanks,
Bob