Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

Default How much to offer home seller

Ralph Mowery wrote:

It all depneds on how long the house has been on the market. I had
one on the market for a long time and it was listed over the tax
value. I took about 10 % less than the asking price but it was about
the tax value . I also bought a house that had been on the market
for about a year. I offered 10 % less than the asking price. It was
already listed just under the tax value. They did not take it. About
2 months later I offered about 5 % less and they took it. If the
housing market if really selling the house may not stay on the market
a month. Then you might as well offer 5 % less and be ready to go
the full ammount if that is not accepted.

If you don't know it, the tax value is public record and you should
be able to get it.

In most places the assessed value ("tax value") has no relationship to
market value.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...