Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

Default Shop Lighting Recommendations

"Mark Brubaker" writes:

I prefer to not have flourescent lighting because of the flickering and
noise so my electrician recommended highhats. This seems like a good idea
to me but I am looking for those with experience to provide feedback.

The newer flourescent fixtures with the T8 bulbs and electronic ballasts
have basically eliminated all the hum and flicker. T8 fixtures can be
found for a decent price at Home Depot or Lowes.

I believe highhats burn a lot more electricity than T8 flourescents.

If lighting color is a concern, get some better bulbs that are closer to
incandescents.

Brian Elfert