Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default My first woodworking tools

"Paul Stewart" wrote in message
I'm not far ahead of you Xopher, been at it about 2 years now and loving
every minute. Woodworking is a great stress reliever, I was under a lot of
stress and it was either find a hobby or push people in front of trains.
Woodworking is far less messy.

Anyway the best book I have ever seen for a beginer, and I've got quite a
library now, is "The Complete Book of Woodworking." It assumes you know
nothing about wood or tools and have only a desire. It is illustrated
wonderfully. Starts off talking about kinds of woods how they are sawn,
section on joinery, 40 or so projects, many for the shop. I used a variation
of the 2x4 workbench plan they have for two workbenches I made in my garage
shop. It comes in hard and soft cover versions.

Anyway, get this book, it is perfect for someone starting out. I have
scanned the cover and inserted it below.

Good luck and happy woodworking!

Paul

Paul - there's a binaries group for posting woodworking related binaries.

--

-Mike-