Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default Shop Lighting Recommendations

"Mark Brubaker" wrote in message
Hello All,
I am transforming my two car garage into a workshop. I have the plans
completed and the electrician coming next week to install a new panel, run
20A and 30A lines, and to install lighting.

I prefer to not have flourescent lighting because of the flickering and
noise so my electrician recommended highhats. This seems like a good idea
to me but I am looking for those with experience to provide feedback.

Thanks

Do a google search for this same topic about a month or two ago. This was
heavily discussed and you'll find a lot of information on illumination per
square foot, etc. For the record - I just converted from incandescent to
florescent. I don't experience any flicker that I can notice and the light
color and wash is far superior to what I had with the incandescent. I
wouldn't go back.

--

-Mike-